Field Notes Brand
Field Notes Pitch Black
Pitch Black features French 100-lb “Blacktop” covers with “Stealth Gray” text. Inside is 50-lb Finch Opaque Smooth text paper, with a light-gray dot-graph. It’s bound with shiny black staples and features an all-new list of Practical Applications. And best of all, it’s not a limited edition, there are plenty for everyone.
Whatever they’re calling the “new black,” forget about it. Only black is black, and nothing’s blacker than black, and black goes with everything. This book will look great in a tux or a greasy leather jacket. It can record performance notes atop a grand piano, or take note of f-stops rubber banded to a thrift-store camera.
- Cover: French Construction 100#C "Blacktop," with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Stealth Gray" soy-based Toyo ink.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 50#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light gray soy-based Toyo ink.
- Cover printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40" 6-color printing press.
- Innards printed on a Miller TP104 28" × 40" 2-color printing press.
- Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 "Stitchmaster" 8-pocket saddle stitcher
- Corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
- Dot-graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm x 4.7mm). 48 Pages.
- Memo book dimensions are 3½" x 5½" (89mm x 140mm).
- Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.